Managing Active Research Data
In this train-the-trainer workshop, we will be exploring and discussing methods for active data management.
Participants will become familiar with cloud storage and associated tools and services for managing active research data. Learn how to organise, maintain, store and analyse active data, and understand safe and secure ways of sharing and storing data.
Topics such as cloud storage, collaborative editing, versioning and data sharing will be discussed and demonstrated.
Licence: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
Contact: Sara King
Keywords: RDM Training, CloudStor, cloud
Target audience: PhD student, Professional (research-related), Masters student, Post-doc / Fellow, Academic
Resource type: Lesson
By the end of this workshop you should be able to:
- Identify common data management challenges.
- Use cloud-based tools to store, move and manage data.
- Describe methods for integrating cloud storage solutions with data analysis.
- Transfer large amounts of data via the network.
- Sync, store and share your research data safely.
- Search for more advanced options for data movement and know where to go for help.
Date created: 2020-01-01
Date published: 2022-10-28