TEST ONLY PLEASE IGNORE at ACU Online
Data rarely comes in the form you require. Often it is messy. Sometimes it is incomplete. And sometimes there's too much of it. Frequently, it has errors. We'll use one of the most widespread data wrangling tools, Microsoft Excel, to import, sort, filter, copy, protect, transform, summarise, merge, and visualise research data.
While aimed at novice Excel users, most attendees will walk away with new tricks to work more efficiently with their research data.
- 'Clean up’ messy research data
- Organise, format and name your data
- Interpret your data (SORTING, FILTERING, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING)
- Perform calculations on your data using functions (MAX, MIN, AVERAGE)
- Extract significant findings from your data (PIVOT TABLE, VLOOKUP)
- Manipulate your data (convert data format, work with DATES and TIMES)
- Create graphs and charts to visualise your data (CHARTS)
- Handy tips to speed up your work
In order to participate, attendees must have a licensed copy of Microsoft Excel installed on their computer. Speak to your local university IT or Research Office for assistance in obtaining a license and installing the software.
For more information, please click here.
Start: Wednesday, 08 March 2023 @ 09:30
End: Thursday, 09 March 2023 @ 12:30
- Host institutions
Organiser: Intersect Australia
Host institution: ACU