Introductory Statistics Online
This six week online course introduces students to the basics of applied statistics used in disciplines including psychology, biology, medicine, health, engineering, business, sociology and the arts. The three main areas of study are descriptive statistics, probability distributions and statistical inference.
The SPSS statistical computing package is an integral part of the course.
Start: Monday, 02 October 2023 @ 09:00
End: Friday, 10 November 2023 @ 17:00
Duration: 6 weeks self-paced online
Venue: La Trobe University, Kingsbury Drive
City: Bundoora Country: Australia Postcode: 3086Learning Objectives:
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
• Identify, calculate and interpret appropriate numerical and graphical summaries for univariate and bivariate data.
• Calculate probabilities and other quantities from discrete, continuous and sampling probability distributions.
• Identify and apply appropriate statistical inference methods for decision making.
• Compute, display and interpret numerical and graphical summaries and various statistical inference procedures using the SPSS statistical software package.
• Apply basic numeracy skills for calculating various quantities in statistics.
- Open to all
Organiser: La Trobe University Statistics Consultancy Platform
Host institution: La Trobe University
Keywords: Statistics, Fundamentals of Statistics, SPSSTarget audience:
- research students
Capacity: 30Event type:
Cost Basis: Cost incurred by all