Introduction to Machine Learning using Python: Classification at UTS Online
Machine Learning (ML) is a new way to program computers to solve real world problems. It has gained popularity over the last few years by achieving tremendous success in tasks that we believed only humans could solve, from recognising images to self-driving cars. In this course, we will explore the fundamentals of Machine Learning from a practical perspective with the help of the Python programming language and its scientific computing libraries.
- Comprehensive introduction to Machine Learning models and techniques such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees and Ensemble Learning.
- Know the differences between various core Machine Learning models.
- Understand the Machine Learning modelling workflows.
- Use Python and scikit-learn to process real datasets, train and apply Machine Learning models
Either Learn to Program: Python, Data Manipulation in Python and Introduction to ML using Python: Introduction & Linear Regression or Learn to Program: Python, Data Manipulation and Visualisation in Python and Introduction to ML using Python: Introduction & Linear Regression needed to attend this course.
If you already have experience with programming, please check the topics covered in courses above to ensure that you are familiar with the knowledge needed for this course, such as good understanding of Python syntax, basic programming concepts and familiarity with Pandas, Numpy and Seaborn libraries, and basic understanding of Machine Learning and Model Training.
Maths knowledge is not required. However, there is a few Math formula covered in this course and the references will be provided. Having an understanding of the Mathematics behind each Machine Learning algorithms is going to make you appreciate the behaviour of the model and know its pros/cons when using them.
Why do this course:
- Useful for anyone who wants to learn about Machine Learning but are overwhelmed with the tremendous amount of resources.
- It does not go in depth into mathematical concepts and formula, however formal intuitions and references are provided to guide the participants for further learning.
- We do have applications on real datasets!
- Machine Learning models are introduced in this course together with important feature engineering techniques that are guaranteed to be useful in your own projects.
- Give you enough background to kickstart your own Machine Learning journey, or transition yourself into Deep Learning.
For a better and more complete understanding of the most popular Machine Learning models and techniques please consider attending all three Introduction to Machine Learning using Python workshops:
- Introduction to Machine Learning using Python: Introduction & Linear Regression
- Introduction to Machine Learning using Python: Classification
- Introduction to Machine Learning using Python: SVM & Unsupervised Learning
For more information, please click here.
Start: Thursday, 08 December 2022 @ 13:00
End: Friday, 09 December 2022 @ 16:00
- Host institutions
Organiser: Intersect Australia
Host institution: UTS