Intermediate Statistics with R: Regression Analysis (hybrid)
Learn about different regression models and how to carry out their analyses in R in this intermediate workshop.
INTERMEDIATE STATISTICS WITH R introduces various types of regression models in a non-technical way and emphasises their practical application in R. The workshop will provide plenty of opportunities to gain hands-on experience and to access in-class support.
Start: Thursday, 23 November 2023 @ 09:00
End: Friday, 24 November 2023 @ 15:30
Duration: 2 days, 9 am - 3.30 pm
Venue: Physical sciences 2, Kurt Gödel Laboratory, room 330, or online via Zoom.
City: Bundoora Country: Australia Postcode: 3086Prerequisites:
A basic knowledge of R and statistics is required for this workshop.
• Simple and Multiple Linear Regression
• Prediction and Confidence Intervals, response and predictor transformation
• ANOVA and ANCOVA
• Variable selection
• General Linear Models (Logistic, Poisson and Negative Binomial Regression)
• Quantile and Spline Regression
• Repeated Measures Analysis
• Linear Mixed Effect Models
• Generalised Least Squares
The R package will be used within the user-friendly R-Studio interface.
- Open to all
Organiser: La Trobe University Statistics Consultancy Platform
Host institution: La Trobe University
Keywords: R statistical software, StatisticsTarget audience:
- Researchers and research students, or anyone who wants to learn intermediate statistical concepts to apply in R.
Capacity: 20Event type:
Cost Basis: Cost incurred by all